Saturday, April 28, 2007

My Desk

So, this is what I see each day when I sit at my desk.

Some of the things you may notice are:
1) Many Hello Kitty postcards (My sister, Kathleen)
2) A shirt that says "I am here for the party" which has gotten many laughs from people stopping into my "office" (Moriah and Ken)
3) A "The Slomin's Shield" insurance company magnet (Mo and Ken)
4) Photo of Laura and I and of the 2006 BSSC Football Team (Laura)
5) Cards from MD, PA, FL, DE, LA- both Los Angeles and Louisiana (Various awesome people)
6) Frolf comic strip. Heh (Kristin M.)
7) Valentine's Day card that says "Always be alert!" inside. (A frighteningly aware third grader from Ohio named Alita.)
8) Card from a Cub Scout Pack in New Albany, Ohio that was in a care package to "Any Soldier, Afghanistan."
9) Wedding day photo of LT and Josh

The common theme? I know a lot of thoughtful people. Thank you to everyone who has sent me letters, email, postcards, prayers or even just good vibes. They are always always appreciated. There are way way more than are on the wall here, (because you all are awesome) so if you do not see your card up here, it is just that I ran out of magnets. Perhaps I should not have used so many on creating...

...Baseball Standings! You may be saying to yourself, "Those are all wrong!" Well, these were my pre-season predictions/hopes. You will notice that the Phillies and Reds are at the top of the NL East and Central and that the stinking Blue Jays who beat the Phils in '93 in the World Series are the bottom of the AL East. Yes, I still hold a grudge because the next year was the strike, and I have not felt the same way about baseball ever since. Not everything is personal though- some are just smart calls. For example, the Royals being at the bottom of the AL Central, and the Cubs already being eliminated from the post season. I update these every day as a part of my morning routine. Climb the ladder, Phillies! Or if not you, then the Mets! Just not the Braves! Never the Braves!