Sunday, September 23, 2007

100 Hours Later

This is a formal apology to all those people that have written me emails or sent me mail in the last week or so. I just finished a week where I worked 100 hours. No, there was no balloon drop or flashing lights when I hit that milestone, just me falling asleep at my desk.

It is unlikely that this situation will get much better very soon- the reason I am doing so much is, in addition to my normal job, I am filling in for someone else who waited this long to go on vacation. (I think I would have gone quite mad if I had waited through 9 months of this place to take a break.) So, along with the group apology, I will also do a group thank you. Thank you! And I will be in touch soon. -Pat

4 comments:

gochisholmsgo said...

Oh man, that stinks! Although, after a week like that, you don't owe anyone an apology.

Stine said...

100 hour work week... I just threw-up in my mouth a little.

Do you need a case of Visine?

Unknown said...

Pat! i just discovered you have a blog. so cool to read up on your life. hope to see you soon! Lea

georgeconfused said...

100 hours? Are there even 100 hours in a week? Yup, 168. Leaving you ample time to both curse and swear while eating and sleeping. Wait, do you ever wake up and find yourself in the middle of swearing? That would be kind of freaky. And eat-swearing might induce choking.

Wait a minute, 100 hours? Are you sure it wasn't two weeks and you just forgot because you had some bad opium. Mm, opium.

I bet the opium is really cheap over there. Say no to drugs, Pat.

Oh, one more thing, next time you have a shift, you should pop a viagara and do the whole shift with a raging--um, that's probably a bad idea. Go back to the say no to drugs thing.