Sunday, October 7, 2007

I'm a hero...

...but not like from the show.
So you know how I was working my butt off? Well, someone noticed. I think the best line of this is "cheerfully accepted the challenge." Not only did I get this MVP of the week-type thing, I got a real award too- an Army Achievement Medal that I can wear on my dress uniform and everything.

Another thing in the military is commander's coins. Well, my boss got new ones made and I got the first one. This is what they look like. Yes, yes, it is the previously unseen trifecta of Army goodness. As Gluck would say, "Without me, it is just aweso."



In other good news, while previously me making it home before Christmas was just not going to happen? Now, it has a chance. This is not to say that it WILL, it is just that it COULD. I'll know more in another month, and I'll keep you all updated.

Take care! -Pat

8 comments:

Steve said...

Freakin' A! Now that you got one o' dem coins we can play! Ya know the game - you put down yours, I put down mine, whoever has the biggest gets a free beer!

Albers said...

So how many pieces of flair are you up to on your uniform?

Stine said...

So is the coin to thank you for your attack on Invisible Caesar?

"It is always refreshing to meet a young officer with unlimited potential and untapped energy"
- This is NOT the Pat Hoffman I remember. I'll give you the potential and untapped energy, but refreshing?!

"He took the time to personally go out and measure all the parking spaces and developed a parking plan to maximize the space available."
- This is the Pat Hoffman I remember. You keep measuring parking spaces you crazy diamond.

georgeconfused said...

Actually, Pat misunderstood what they meant when a soldier asked, "So how do I get a hummer in the parking lot?"

Gluckzilla said...

Did they play "We are the Champions" when bestowing the "Champion of the Week" Award on you?

Anonymous said...

So they give you rules abolishing everything fun and leave you with nothing but the joy of... math. Did it make you feel a little like rainman?

Way to go on your new street cred.

gochisholmsgo said...

Good job, Patrick!

Gluckzilla said...

Get with the program Chisholm's! If you don't start making fun of Pat along with the rest of us, we're going to start leaving snarky comments on your blog too.