Monday, January 14, 2008

One Meat!


So, I know I am back and all, but I still may throw an Army story or two in here, you know, when I remember them, if I think they are still amusing. Here is one from Georgia, after I got back:

At the Dining Facilities in Afghanistan, you can eat all you want of everything they have. We think KBR gets paid by the pound, so of course they will do that. Well, once we came back to the states, it was "what have you done for me lately?"

The first morning, I go to breakfast and ask for some sausage, bacon and pancakes. The lady behind the counter says:
"One meat."
"What?"
"You can only have one meat."
"Why?"
"[glare]"
"Sigh."
OK, sure. Maybe it is a cost-cutting measure. Maybe it is a health thing. I don't know. But seriously? Boo.

Later that day, it was time for lunch, and what were they having? Veal parmigiana and pasta, so I say great, I will have that. I was given a breaded meat patty and dry spaghetti. "Uh, can I get some sauce on that?"
"No, that is MEAT sauce and you only get one meat, we have been over this."
"But... but... it is SAUCE. Ok, can I just have some tomato sauce then?"
"No, we don't have that."
"Sigh."

Breakfast again. I have a plan.
"Can I have some bacon and a biscuit w/ gravy?"
"No, the gravy is sausage gravy, thus meat, and as we have discussed, you can only have one meat."
"I hate you."
"Yes sir, I know you do."

2 comments:

maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maggie said...

i would gladly have given you my meat ration, thus sticking it to the man. i find most meat almost as unpleasant as mayonaise. :)